Formerly part of Vancouver Island North, the 2012 electoral redistribution dissolved the riding into the new ridings of North Island—Powell River and Courtenay—Alberni for the 2015 election.
The riding of North Island—Powell River now consists of:
- (a) the regional districts of Mount Waddington and Strathcona;
- (b) the Powell River Regional District, excepting Subdivision E;
- (c) that part of the Central Coast Regional District lying southerly and easterly of a line described as follows: commencing at the westernmost intersection of the easterly limit of said regional district with 52°00'N latitude; thence west along said latitude to Fisher Channel; thence generally southerly along said channel, Fitz Hugh Sound, the South Passage and Queen Charlotte Sound to the southerly limit of said regional district; and
- (d) those parts of the Comox Valley Regional District comprised of:
- (i) the Town of Comox;
- (ii) subdivisions B (Lazo North) and C (Puntledge-Black Creek);
- (iii) Pentledge Indian Reserve No. 2 and Comox Indian Reserve No. 1.