Our North Island—Powell River Conservative Association is comprised of a diverse collection of ordinary hardworking Canadian citizens who believe in basic conservative principles and family values.
This Association is guided by the following objectives set out in our constitution:
- Supporting and promoting the principles, objectives and policies of the Party and maintaining an effective Association for that purpose;
- Providing organizational and financial support to the Party’s candidate/ Member of Parliament of the North Island—Powell River riding in accordance with Article 14.3 of the Party Constitution;
- Raising money and maintaining a fund to support the Association and assist candidates;
- Actively identifying potential supporters and recruiting new members;
- Encouraging the participation and recruitment of youth; and,
- Facilitating, supporting and maintaining an ongoing policy discussion within the Party.
Authorized by National Council as of January 29, 2020 pursuant to Article 5 and Article 8.7.1 of
the Constitution of the Conservative Party of Canada. See full North Island--Powell River Conservative Association constitution here.
Our Board of Directors
Our volunteer Board of Directors represents our Conservative Association with the goal of continued representation for the Conservative Party of Canada in our riding. We receive our mandate from the membership and are elected by the membership at the annual AGM to achieve the objectives of the Association.
The work of the board is accomplished by the various committees of the Board. If you are interested in serving in this way, please contact us here. We would love to have you on board!
Additional Governing Documents
Conservative Party of Canada governing documents can be found on the Conservative Party of Canada website or by clicking here.